I really love this recipe because – with only 4 ingredients (!) – it’s truly quite effortless.
At the same time though, the flavors in this salmon dish are really special and polished.
Impressive enough, I think, for company and entertaining.
What’s better than an elegant- and complex-tasting dish that’s actually a breeze to make?
It’s crazy how one herb (rosemary) and one key ingredient (apple cider) can make roasted salmon taste so special.
The concentrated apple flavor and the sweetness of the cider taste wonderful with the salty, herb crusted salmon.
An impressive, effortless dish – – the best of both worlds!
Here’s the recipe for Roasted Salmon with Apple Cider Glaze:
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 347mg
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, bones removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a small saucepan, add the apple cider and bring it to a light boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring often with a wooden spoon. After about 25 minutes, the cider will reduce and become thick, like a syrup. Turn off the heat and immediately pour the cider glaze into a bowl to allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, arrange the salmon, skin-side-down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil all over the top of the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary all over the tops of the salmon. Roast until firm, about 15-20 minutes (ideally, salmon should be cooked on the outside while still moist on the inside).
- Transfer salmon to serving plates and drizzle the cider glaze all over the top of the salmon.
*I estimate approximate nutrition information using the Verywell Recipe Nutrition Calculator.
Share Your Tasty Creation!
Post a photo of your finished recipe with hashtag #thescrumptiouspumpkin.
And connect with me by following the_scrumptious_pumpkin on Instagram.
I love hearing from you and seeing the dishes you create!
Check Out More Fish and Seafood Dishes
Check Out More Apple Recipes
You may also love: