I have been loving this detox smoothie lately.
Although writing recipes for this site keeps me on track with mostly healthy meals, my snacks are typically whatever I can quickly grab: chips or pretzels, etc.
So I really wanted to come up with something equally as quick and convenient, but also new and interesting and more nutritious too.
This detox smoothie, filled with mixed berries, banana, and healthy chia seeds, fits the bill perfectly!
First, the mixture of berries gives this detox smoothie a deep pink, beautiful, vibrant color that just looks delicious.
And this detox smoothie tastes wonderful too, slightly sweet and slightly tart.
With a rich and creamy texture that’s thick enough to eat with a spoon!
And it’s such a healthy, nutrient-rich recipe too.
Because it’s vegan, it has absolutely no saturated fat or cholesterol.
And this healthy detox smoothie features:
- detoxifying fiber
- filling protein
- healthy minerals like manganese, potassium, and calcium
- immunity-boosting vitamin C
This detox smoothie recipe makes six generous portions, so it’s easy to store individually sized portions in the fridge or freezer for a quick and easy snack or breakfast anytime.
Or if you prefer, it’s simple to cut this recipe in half to make just a few servings.
Here’s the recipe for Triple Berry Chia Detox Smoothie:
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2g
- Sugar: 22.1g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fiber: 13.1g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups organic frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups organic frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1⅓ cups organic frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into thirds
- ¼ cup agave (optional)
- Add the chia seeds and water to a mixing bowl and stir until all seeds have been soaked. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas, and agave (optional) to a food processor or blender. Pulse until ingredients are pureed.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. The chia seeds should have absorbed most of the water, forming a gel-like consistency. Add the chia mixture to the food processor and pulse again until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Storage: Smoothie will hold up for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container. Alternatively, portion individual servings of the smoothie into covered, airtight containers and freeze; thaw in the fridge before serving.
*I estimate approximate nutrition information at Verywell.
Share Your Tasty Creation!
Post a photo of your finished recipe with hashtag #thescrumptiouspumpkin.
And connect with me by following the_scrumptious_pumpkin on Instagram.
I love hearing from you and seeing the dishes you create!
Check Out More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Check Out More Healthy Detox Recipes
You Might Also Enjoy…