I’m always excited to share a recipe, like this baked cod, that looks elegant enough and tastes bright and fresh enough to impress anyone you happen to be cooking for.
With the light, delicate flavors of zesty lemon and fresh sage, this baked cod looks and tastes like a nice restaurant entrée.
But here’s the best secret:
This baked cod is actually really easy (pretty much effortless) to make.
With only 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper), it’s ready in about 25 minutes.
And nearly all of that time is spent cooking the fish in the oven, freeing you up to cook a side dish or two.
No one will guess all of the hard work you did not put into it!
Here’s recipe for this 5 Ingredient Baked Cod:
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: 34.8g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1⅓ pounds sustainably wild-caught cod (or other flaky white fish such as haddock or halibut)
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix lemon zest, chopped sage, and minced garlic on a cutting board until well combined.
- Arrange fish on a large casserole dish or baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over fish, and season thoroughly with salt and pepper. Spoon lemon-sage mixture over fish so that the top of the fish is evenly coated.
- Bake until fish is solid white, flaky, and cooked through to the center, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over baked fish, and serve.
*I estimate approximate nutrition information using the Verywell Recipe Nutrition Calculator.
You May Also Enjoy: