This slow cooker white chili is easy to make, slightly spicy, and richly flavored with lime, avocado, veggies, and white beans. Vegetarian and healthy too!
There’s a certain type of recipe that consistently – every single day – receives the majority of views on The Scrumptious Pumpkin.
Throughout the winter months, hands down, the most popular recipes are the slow cooker dishes.
I completely understand the appeal.
The slow cooker makes elaborate-tasting dishes easy.
With a mix of veggies (like zucchini and bell pepper), spices, and white beans (cannellini and garbanzo beans), this slow cooker white chili really benefits from low-heat, all-day cooking.
The ingredients meld and mingle, creating really rich and intense flavor.
For me, dinnertime tends to be hectic …
When I’ve had a long day and my energy is lagging (and I’m starving, by the way), the slow cooker always comes to the rescue.
Dinner’s ready to go, whenever my family is ready to eat.
This slow cooker white chili is also vegetarian (or skip the shredded cheddar and make it vegan) and packed with healthy nutrition:
- very high in vitamins C and B6
- no cholesterol
- high in fiber
- high in potassium
To achieve just the right consistency for this slow cooker white chili, I like to toss about two-thirds of the beans into a food processor to roughly chop them up.
The chopped beans give the chili a hearty, thick consistency.
It’s key for creating a chili-like texture, rather than a soup-like quality.
Just make sure you remember to top your white chili with some crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
It’s all about the crunch from the tortilla chips, plus the rich creaminess from the avocado, combined with the tangy-sweet lime.
That’s the perfect trifecta to make this white chili over-the-top addictive and richly flavorful.
Here’s the complete, printable recipe for Avocado-Lime Slow Cooker White Chili:
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4g
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fiber: 14.1g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small organic zucchini, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 15 ounces organic cannellini beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces organic garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1 lime
- 1½ avocados, quartered and sliced
- 30 organic multigrain tortilla chips, crushed
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt
- Set the slow cooker to Low heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, and bay leaves. Season with salt and stir until well combined. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 hours.
- Add ⅔ of the cannellini and garbanzo beans to a food processor. Pulse until beans are roughly chopped.
- Add the oregano, cumin, chili flakes, broth, corn to the slow cooker. Also add the roughly chopped and whole beans. Season with salt and stir until well combined. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 hours.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime and drizzle all over the avocado slices.
- Transfer the chili to serving bowls. Top each bowl of chili with avocado slices, crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar (optional), and chopped cilantro (optional). Serve.
*I calculate recipe nutrition information at Calorie Count.
Check out more slow cooker recipes.
Check out more vegetarian recipes.
JOIN THE FREE CLEAN EATING CHALLENGE TO START YOUR NEW, HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!
What happens when you sign up for free:
- Three easy, delicious, seasonal, clean eating recipes are delivered straight to your inbox each Friday, so you’re set to plan your meals for the following week.
- All recipes include step-by-step photo instructions, plus options to print or save recipes and add recipe ingredients to a mobile shopping list.
- Get ready for more energy and a fit, healthy body with your new clean eating lifestyle!
You may also love: