30 minutes is all you need to create this easy and flavorful eggplant pasta skillet. It’s cheesy, comforting, delicious and packed with healthy ingredients!
As much as I love a classic eggplant parmesan, it takes so much more time than I have available on an average weeknight.
The breading and the layering and the baking.
I can plan on working in the kitchen for over an hour, at least.
So I started throwing together this easy eggplant pasta skillet instead.
And now I turn to this recipe all the time, because it’s as delicious and flavorful as eggplant parmesan.
(It’s a crowd pleaser!)
And this eggplant pasta only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
This eggplant pasta skillet has a savory-sweet tomato sauce and it’s full of gooey, melty mozzarella.
So it’s definitely very comforting and satisfies cravings.
But it’s also full of nutritious ingredients like garlic and chopped eggplant.
So you can enjoy a nice, heaping plateful and still feel healthy.
Along with the mozzarella, I add both baby arugula and basil at the end of cooking for lots of extra vitamins and nutrition.
And – more importantly! – the peppery arugula and sweet, fresh basil are keys to flavor in this dish!
This eggplant pasta skillet is simple and easy and healthy.
And, with the pasta and melted mozzarella, it’s so satisfying too.
That’s why this eggplant pasta has become one of those reliable recipes I make again and again!
Here’s the complete recipe for Easy 30-Minute Eggplant Pasta Skillet:
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 69.5g
- Sugar: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 16 ounces organic whole wheat rotini or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small eggplant, cubed
- 26 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon agave (or substitute organic honey or granulated sugar)
- 1 cup baby arugula, chopped
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 6 ounces organic mozzarella, cubed (or substitute organic shredded Italian cheese blend)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente, about 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic is softened, about 2-4 minutes. Add the eggplant, chopped tomatoes, and agave. Season well with salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Immediately add the drained pasta to the skillet, along with the arugula, basil, and mozzarella. Stir until greens are wilted, cheese is melted, and everything is well combined. Season to your taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
I estimate nutrition info by entering my recipes at Very Well.
Check out more Easy 30-Minute Meal Recipes
Check out more Delicious Vegetarian Recipes
JOIN THE FREE CLEAN EATING CHALLENGE TO START YOUR NEW, HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!
What happens when you sign up for free:
- Three easy, delicious, seasonal, clean eating recipes are delivered straight to your inbox each Friday, so you’re set to plan your meals for the following week.
- All recipes include step-by-step photo instructions, plus options to print or save recipes and add recipe ingredients to a mobile shopping list.
- Get ready for more energy and a fit, healthy body with your new clean eating lifestyle!