Healthy and yet so tasty and satisfying! These Easy 20-Minute Taco Bowls feature fresh veggies, beef and black beans, cheese, and homemade taco seasoning.
Do you ever have those hectic, crazy days where your drooping energy catches up with you just when your stomach begins rumbling for dinner?
I created these Easy 20-Minute Taco Bowls for just that type of day.
These taco bowls are really simple, quick and easy to throw together.
And they taste as delicious and satisfying as the Mexican take-out I might turn to otherwise.
Plus, best of all (in my mind):
Hardly any dishes or clean-up are required with this recipe!
I tried to keep this recipe healthy and nutritious too by adding black beans (for filling fiber) and lots of fresh ingredients like cabbage, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
One twist: instead of lettuce, I love using a bagged shredded coleslaw mix with these taco bowls.
The shredded cabbage tastes so much better, in my opinion.
It’s a fresh and crunchy contrast to the savory cheese and black-beans-and-ground-beef mixture.
And shredded cabbage never wilts or gets soggy under the warm ingredients.
I also use a tasty, homemade taco seasoning blend for these taco bowls.
You might already have all of these dried herbs and spices in your kitchen cabinet.
These healthy spices are the key to flavor in these taco bowls!
Here’s the seasoning blend I use for these taco bowls:
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- sea salt
What I love most about this taco bowl recipe:
It’s comfort food, in every way!
Flavorful taco seasoning.
Savory, rich cheese.
Crispy tortilla chips.
It’s all so tasty, satisfying, and delicious!
Here’s the complete recipe for Easy 20-Minute Taco Bowls:
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 391mg
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound 93% lean, pastured, organic ground beef
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 15 ounces organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Blend (recipe below)
- ½ cup water
- 21 ounces bagged shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup organic ranch dressing
- 6 ounces organic shredded cheddar
- 30 organic tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt
- Heat the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking apart meat, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced bell pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the black beans and Homemade Taco Seasoning Blend. Season well with salt. Add the water and stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Arrange coleslaw and tomatoes in serving bowls. Drizzle on ranch dressing and stir until coleslaw and tomatoes are well coated in dressing. Top with ground beef/black bean mixture, shredded cheddar, and crushed tortilla chips. Serve.
I estimate approximate nutrition info by entering my recipes at Very Well.
Check out more Easy 30-Minute Meal Recipes
Check out more Healthy Comfort Food Recipes